Friday, May 15, 2009

Relay For Life 09'

Hey Everyone!

Relay For Life in Ripon is on Saturday!
I'm singing for the luminary service again!
I am so excited.
I'm singing a song that I wrote called, "Even When."
I'm pretty sure lots of you have heard me sing that song.
Haha. I know God is going to do awesome things.
He always does. And its always amazing to watch. =)

For those of you that don't know..
A Luminary Service is when its really dark.
I think it starts at 9pm and I sing around 9:45-10:00.
And there is bleachers with little white bags filled with sand and
one candle. The boy scouts arrange it on the bleachers to spell
out "HOPE." Then if you know someone who died of cancer or
survived cancer, you write (if you want to) on this little white bag with sand and a candle
inside and basically you just write a little note. Example: "Dad-We miss you and will always love you." And then you put them all around the track. Its really beautiful. Then we have a service.
A speech. Then a song. Then a slide show. And finally the survivors of cancer take one lap around the track. And then we all join them. Yes, its emotional. But I love that part of Relay. Its just amazing.

I encourage you guys to come out. I should be there most of the day.
There is food,games,little stores,raffles,free music, and lots more!
All the money you spend goes to American Cancer Society.
To help find a cure for cancer.

Its just an all around fun time.
Its in Ripon at Ripon Christian Highschool.
Shouldn't be hard to find cause that town is
so small and its gonna be filled with cars going to Relay.

Please come! And if you do, call me or text me.
And we can hang out!

~alyssa~